Join Dev9 VP of Delivery, Mike Ensor for a discussion on using Kubernetes to extract microservices from monoliths. Learn about different technical approaches and the importance of bounded context in microservices. Followed by a live demonstration of two primary extraction methods: Strangler Pattern and Service Extraction.
Light appetizers, beer, wine, and refreshments will be provided.
- Importance of understanding bounded context in microservices
- Two demonstrable methods for microservice extraction
- Practical example of Kubernetes usage
4:30 - 5:00 PM Doors Open
5:00 - 6:00 PM Technical Discussion
- Brief normalization on microservices
- Description of Bounded Context (domain driven design)
- Brief description of technical approach
- Introduction to Strangler Pattern and live demonstration
- Introduction to Service Extraction and live demonstration
6:00 - 6:30 PM Q&A
Mike Ensor - VP of Delivery at Dev9
Mike Ensor is a hands-on software architect with 23 years of experience in backend development, e-commerce, Cloud architectures, distributed systems and big data implementations. Throughout his career he has continually pushed the use of test-driven development and emphasized the merits of Agile-based development